Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Summer Swelter!

Wow, three days going of this crazy 90 degree heat. And it continues again tomorrow. What is up with this? I like nice weather, but not this hot. Give us some spring weather please. But anyways, Miss S who run my dept. has been driving me crazy like usual. Yesterday, she had a doc appt. and after she is gone an hour, she calls to check in and let me know she's still there. Oh My god. Things run fine without her and I even get more done when she's gone. She's like afraid to take a day off and miss something and she has 4 weeks vacation to take. But anyways, I digress.

Hoboken just started having these summer movie nights on Wednesdays in Sinatra Park. But of course Wednesdays are my late night at work, so I'm never up for doing anything on those nights. Karoaoke is hoboken is that night too. But tonight theyre showing Bridget Jones 2, and I've seen it twice and I love it. So I might try to go. Nice thing about the summer in the Boken, being that it's my first summer living her, since I moved in over labor day weekend.

Last night, we had these crazy storms. But I had promised Erica I would go with her to see her co-worker Heather Flynn sing at some bar in Soho. So us along with Kenny and her roomie, another Heather went to Outback before the show since it wasn't until 8:30. Outback is such my guilty pleasure in the city. There are so many amazing restaurants in this fabulous city we live, so going to a chain seems sacri-relig. But sometimes you just need that bloomin onion and caesar salad that is mmmm so good. The performance at the bar was good. She has a Jewel-esque voice, but her songs sounded all the same. But I spent too much money eating out the past few days. And then when I got back to Hoboken it was lighting and pouring so I forked over 5 bucks for a cab. Oh well.

I stopped at Banana Republic on the way home tonight on 34th street. I have this 15 dollar card that Banana sent me for my birthday month. And I saw this really cute top and that would make a great b-day outfit with jeans. It was pink, a tank with all these ruffles. But the only ones they had in my size, had pulled threads. Oh well, Kenny is working tomorrow, I'll see if he can pick me up one. Well almost time to work out! Fun, fun. Maybe I'll work out while wartching that Fire Me show on CBS, looks kinda funny. Summer reality TV is so funny sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home