Friday, May 04, 2007

This and That...

A lot of rambling thoughts tonight....

A great week for American Idol. Chris Richardson and Phil Stacey were eliminated, making this my dream final four. What's better than LaKisha, Melinda, Blake and Jordin. I still am rooting for Blake and Jordin in the final two and Melinda with them in the final 3. LaKisha just isn't rising to the occassion lately.

On the same night as Idol, Karen, Erica and I had a fantabulous time at the big screen re-release of Dirty Dancing for its 20th anniversary. It was such a blast. The audience was so into it, laughing at the cheesy parts and applauding at the fabulous parts. And damn now I remember why I was so into Patrick Swayze back when I was 11 years old. He was so damn hot in this movie.

But as for the end of the week, that was kind of crappy. I worked late last night and got home around 9pm, then about a half hour later, I had the worst nauseous stomachache of my life as I tried to watch this 2 hour Grey's Anatomy/Kate Walsh spinoff. I think this show has potential but I think it would have been better off as a regular Grey's episode followed by the hour pilot instead of this back and forth nonsense. I'm sure I'll check it out in the Fall and see what I think will be called Private Practice in the fall. I'm actually looking forward to the Upfronts week in two weeks. I love seeing what news shows will be hitting the airwaves.

Anyways, back to my stomach, I started feeling a little better by 11pm or so . But then from 1-2am, I was awake in agony and eventually praying to the porcelain god. Unfortunately nothing came of that and I ended up lying on the bathroom floor at one point. I was basically up the entire night, so I ended up calling in sick to work today. My first sick day of 2007. Stomach is doing alot better now, just a little sore. I've been good. Eating bland food like soup and toast all day. But I still feel icky. I'm sure I'll be better by tomorrow though.

I'm seeing a 11:45am showing of Spiderman 3 with Ken tomorrow and then my Housearming party is tomorrow night for Cinco de Mayo. I'm making Margaritas, Tacos, Guacamole, my famous Spinach Dip, Brownies.... Mmm. It's going to be a yummy night and with all my great friends at my new apartment. I can't wait.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home