Monday, April 30, 2007

Return to the Shoes!

So today was a big day for me. It's been almost a year from that horrible day. As far as I can recall, the date was June 14, 2006 just 5 days before my 30th birthday. I was wearing a cute skirt outfit and funky ankle strap platform sandals and headed out to get lunch when I crossed 5th avenue, stepped into a dip in the street and went crashing down onto the pavement, seriously spraining my ankle. So now almost a year later, I have not only not worn those shoes since, but not been able to wear any heels at all. But I finally did it! Today I put those shoes back on and all was good. I'm happy to return to all my cute heels this summer and not be stuck in flat sandals like I was all last summer.

And today is the last day of April. Yay! My housewarming party is this Saturday, my birthday is less than two months away. And then summer is right around the corner. Here's hoping tomorrow's showers really do finally bring those May flowers. And yesterday was one of the best signs of summer to come. The first NYC street fair in my neighborhood. I just love those things. Especially the chocolate crepes and deep fried oreos. So bad ... but oooo soooo good! Yum-o!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home