Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Summer is here!

that is so for sure, summer is definitely here. June 1st is on Friday already and it is my mom and my best bud Cara's birthday on that day also. And tomorrow is my nephew Ellis' 5th birthday and I can just not believe that one. It was just like yesterday when I was leaving work at Soap Opera Digest to rush out to South Nassau Communities Hospital, where I was also born, to see my little nephew come into the world. I won't be there for this birthday party this weekend. But I will be heading out on Wednesday night, he's going to be in a dance recital and I can not wait.

In the meantime, I have spent the past week fighting this cold and cough. And it's finally on its way out, thank god. After staying home from work on thursday and friday, and then spending basically the entire weekend in bed, I was happy to have to go to work on Memorial Day, even though it was a pretty crazy day! But I get a comp day off from it and it will be used next week for my 4 day trip to the lovely Ohio. Would you believe I haven't been out there in almost 6 months. I haven't seen my dogs this whole time. Here's hoping they remember who I am.

On a side note, now that the TV season is offically over, I am finally catching up on all my Tivo. And I checked out a new show tonight called Hidden Palms, and you know what I was pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed it and I can't wait to see what happens next. It was very O.C. like and I'm really liking it right off the bat even with the weird O.C. connection. The lead guy role is played by the same guy who played Oliver on The O.C. I hated him in that role, but I am really liking his portrayal of this new character. So we will see where it goes...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home