Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Idol Performances!

Where did the past five months go? I remember just yesterday it was mid January and we were counting down to the start of the new season of Idol and we're already at the finale. Where does the time go? I really enjoyed tonight's first part of the finale, I really think that both Blake and Jordin did a great job tonight. When tonight's first show started I was saying that I really liked both of them so I wasn't going to bother to vote, because who would I vote for. But that changed by the end of the hour. Blake wowed me with his bon jovi and maroon 5, but the winning song did nothing for him. And I do feel that that's not fair. Those finale songs are always ballady and that does nothing for a singer like Blake. On the flip side of the coin, Jordin did great on Christina Aguilera, Martina McBride and then she really blew me away on the last song. And she got emotional. That girl changed my voting plan for the night. She deserves to win and she will win. I love my Blake and have no fear he will have a successful career, but this is a singing competition, and this year's prize definitely belongs to Miss Jordin Sparks. Can't wait for the finale special tomorrow night. They're keeping all the performances so hush hush. With that and a 2 hour finale of Lost, that will be the official end to the 2007 TV season.

As for the other great TV of the night, Veronica Mars came to an end and it was a very disappointing end at that. It was just two random episodes, nothing geared to a series finale at all. And that just sucks. It just ended and that was that. That's why I hate when they film these finales not knowing if they will be coming back next season or not. Why do all the best written shows never get their due. Felicity, Alias, Everwood, Veronica Mars. Then please tell me why does crap like King of Queens stay on for 10 years. But whatever, I digress. I will miss Veronica Mars. Here's hoping we see Kristen Bell on something soon. For now I hear she will be narrating this new show called Gossip Girl. Should be interesting. This year brought some great new shows, Ugly Betty, Brothers & Sisters and Heroes, who knows what next season will bring. I guess we will see in just 4 short months!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home