Monday, October 10, 2005

I've been Yankee-Washed!

I don't know what is up with me. My bud Karen is definitely having an effect. I have been drawn into these Yankee playoffs and now I am so pissed off that they lost. This is so not like me. I am not a sports fan. I generally hate most sports, but i occassionally enjoy a good baseball game. And I was raised a Mets fan, so I go to an occassional game and am happy when the Mets win, but this is crazy. I was so nervous for the yankees playing tonight and then they were just down two runs at the end and had two men on base. All they needed to do was bring it home. Well they did try and it was so close, so oh well. Sorry Karen, I know this is a tough night for you.

On a lighter note, I had a really fun weekend. And it went by so fast. Even with the crazyyyyy rain on saturday. But before that the rain began on friday. But I had dinner plans with Leslie up by her apartment at 116th and Riverside. But I got out of work early so I went to the AMC 42nd street theater to kill time and see Flight Plan. I had heard so-so review. But I really enjoyed it. I was definitely on the edge of my seat. And then I go to take 1/9 up to Leslies and I see that an express is coming so I jump on that. But then I realize that the express is actually the 3 and goes to other side of the park. AH! So here I am at 116th and Lenox Avenue also know as Malcolm X Boulevard. It's dark, raining and no cabs. I was finally giving up and was going to take the subway downtown and then back up. When I finally saw a cab. Leslie's apartment is so cute! She is finally unpacked and everything. And she may even have a Halloween housewarming party, which would be so fun. Then we went to a fab mexican place right by Columbia, Nacho's Kitchen. Loved it. It was so yummy.

So slept in on rainy day saturday then went to meet Ken for a 5pm movie of In Her Shoes. I decided to take a poncho instead of an umbrella so I didn't have to carry it all night and I got so wet expecially my jeans. And I wore sandals, stupid me. And as I am walking up 14th street, I noticed Ian Buchanan from All My Children. Weird. SO I get to the Union Sq. Theater, and it is the most packed I have seen in my life. I can barely get in the door. Everyone and their mother was at this theater. So me and Ken settle into the theater and we just loved In Her Shoes. It was a long movie and I didn't care. It was that good. And Cameron Diaz really impressed me. I can't wait to read the book now. This is why I wait to read books till after the movie. That way I didn't know what was coming in the movie, which is how I liked it.

After the movie, we met Erica at City Crab for dinner. It was so yummy. I had steamers and a seafood platter with lobster mashed potatoes. But I do need to start eating better. I had a checkup and my cholesterol is high, so time for a low fat diet! After dinner we headed down to the village for Tonya's birthday party at Pinch Bar and Grill. And it was lot of fun as we watched the rain pour down even more, had some drinks and played fun darts. I was pretty darn good.

Sunday was my day of nothing except hitting the grocery store and making from scratch chicken soup for me and le roomie's pre-yom kippur feast on wednesday night. Can't wait to mange on good jewish treats. Speaking of eating, I joined weight watchers today. I had done it like 4 yrs ago and took off 30 pds. But I need to take that off again. And this time I'm totally sticking with it!

1 Comments:

Blogger ..... said...

The Yankees lost tonight. You must not be in the best of moods right now. I would offer words to ease the pain...but I hate the Yankees. They're known as "the evil empire" for a reason, or should i say reasons. In any case, Yankee fan or not, it seems like you have a good blog going on. Keep on writing

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home