Sunday, September 11, 2005

9/11: 4 Years Later

This is a sad day, and it will always be a sad day. To think, 4 years ago, how things were different. I was still living on Long Island with my family. And on that horrific day, I was just about to get on the LIRR when the first train hit and proceeded to hear the second one crash live on my walkman. Wow, the pre-ipod days. LOL. But I still went to work that day, who knows where my mind was.

So waking up this morning to all the names being read immediately made me tear up. The fact that it takes over 4 hours to read all the names of the pepole whose lives were taken is so heartbreaking. Hoboken is having a memorial tonight down by the water, but I also have to be up so early tomorrow. Yup, have to be at work at 7am!!! 5:30 alarm will be fun tomorrow.

But I did have a nice rest of the weekend. Had a dinner at Bubba Gump on friday with Ken, Carolyn, Micky, Suzy and her sister. Wow that place has good food. I really enjoyed it. And then last night was a really relaxing and fun night hanging with Karen, Erica and Ken in Hoboken. After dinner at Arthur's steaks, we walked around town and then sat around and chatted for hours. So a nice weekend, and a quiet day to remember today.

On an endnote, two crazy dreams I had this week: First, on Thursday night, Vince Vaughn was trying to kill me and on friday night, all my teeth fell out. Isn't that weird. And The OC is back. YAY! It was so good. Fall season is finally here. I tivoed Reunion but haven't watched it yet. Looking forward to it though. And Gilmore on Tuesday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home