Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Fondue is good stuff!

So after crashing on friday night after a long week. I slept in on Saturday to prepare for my roomie's birthday outing that night. So in the late afternoon, I went to get a pedicure and I ran into my next door neighbor there and after sitting and chatting for awhile, I come to find out that she went to high school with my college roomie Cara. Now what a dang small world. Then after getting prepped and looking all cute, me, Adena and friends hit the city.

We went to this fabulous fondue restaurant called Dip at 30th and 3rd Avenue. If you are a fan of fondue, which I am, you will love it. It was like 8 of us, so we started with a swiss cheese fondue and a white cheddar fondue, mmmm. And it comes with veggies, breads and green apples. So good. Then for our main course, we got this dip sampler of spinach dip, hummus and skewers. Before moving onto the dessert fondue of a peant butter chocolate fondue as well as a milk chocolate one. And this one came with brownies, rice krispie treats, fruit and marshmallows to dip. MMM. And of course lots of drinks to wash it all down. We then moved on to Mercury Bar at like 10:30 which was kind of disappointing, when we had originally scoped it out, it was playing cool 80s music. I guess it all depends on the DJ of the night. We only stayed till like midnight, since we were so overdosed on sugar. But a fun night.

Then hit the Hoboken Arts and Music Festival on sunday, looked at cute trinkets and had fried oreos and bought kettle corn to bring home. I then wanted to end it all off with my festival treat, a chocolate crepe, but got there too late, as I waited on line, they were already closing up. And then we got some wine coolers and enjoyed the kettle corn while enjoying the premieres of Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy. Love those shows. Where has Patrick Dempsey been hiding since the 80s and who is Alfre Woodard hiding in the basement.

Then yesterday, I had a day off. It was my comp day from working emmy night. And I just slept in and chilled. What is better than that? Lost tonight. And Veronica premieres. But I was lucky enought to have already seen Veronica. It rocks!

And did you see Jen Garner on Leno last night. She slipped that she's having a girl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home