Monday, May 09, 2005

Too Many Buses!

Okay, I took too many buses this weekend. After a fun night at our usual Mexican place to celebrate Erica's roomie, Heather's 25th birthday on Friday. I just chilled out all day Saturday and tried to catch up on my TIVO backlog. I watched some soaps, Veronica Mars, OC. But of course I am still backlogged. Still 4 weeks behind on Veronica. But I will watch the finale live tomorrow, I must! Anyways, so the buses began on Saturday night when I went to hang out with my friend Leslie at her new pad. It's at 116th Street and Riverside. And after taking the bus from Hoboken to the city, and then jumping on the subway. It took me an hour. But we had fun. Leslie's college roomie Jared met up with us. And we went out to dinner and just chilled. Jared was trying to help Leslie put together a TV cabinet for her new apartment. But she needed a screwdriver, duh. Once that got settled. Jared got to work. It was fun seeing Jared since we all went to Umass together. And now he just moved to NY and found an apartment in Jersey City. FUN! So while I was up at Leslie's, my roomie Adena called and was out at some bar in Hoboken with her boyfriend and some of his friends. So I left Leslie's at 11:45, got to Hoboke at 12:45 to meet her at Maxwell's. Well, me being a little tired, I got off the bus at 14th and Washington. When the bar was actually at 11th and Washington. So after my little stroll, paying a 5 dollar cover and purchasing a draft cider. We started rocking out to this oldies cover band. And the lead singer was CRAZY! He started singing that song, "Peanut Butter". And started eating peanut butter out of this jar while he sang. And then wanted people to eat peanut butter off his finger. EWWW! So an hour later, we were outta there. I did need to get to my grandmother's house in Marlboro, New Jersey the next day. So after finally hitting the sack at almost 3am, I was up before noon to head to grandma's. And getting ready for that outing is never easy. Grandma always like to comment on what we wear. So it took some planning. And you know what I need, to go spring shopping? All my cute tops, I'd worn to grandma's recently. So I borrowed this cute top from my roomie that she wore to our party the previous week. With my GAP jeans, it was really cute. So I headed out toward the Hoboken bus stop. Yes, more buses. And hit the Hoboken flower shop at 1pm. It was crazy there. I got the last of the good stuff they had left. I had already sent mom and grandma flowers for mother's day, but I needed to pick up a bouquet for my aunt, since we were having dinner at her house. And then once I was done, the Hoboken bus didn't come for 20 minutes. So I finally got to Port Authority, got on a 2:30 bus and was on my way. Flowers and all. Mother's day dinner was nice. Grandma liked her birthday gift I brought her since her birthday is thursday. I blew up this picture of her with all her grandkids and Ellis. Of course, she teared up. Then I escaped the bus for my ride home. My cousin Meredith and her hubby Malek who lives in the city gave me a ride home! YEAH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home