Monday, March 05, 2007

Small World, that's for sure

After a fabulous Saturday night, celebrating Miss Erica's 24th birthday at Telephone Bar & Grill in the East Village, I spent Sunday night at a fundraising party to raise moolah for Mona and Sharon's dog Brownie who is about to have surgery on his badly injured back leg! It was loads of fun, lots of people, food, entertainment, raffles, etc. Then halfway through the party, I see this girl just looking over at me. After a while, I was like, do I know you. She was like, what's your name. I tell her.. then she's like I'm your cousin.. Laura. Holy shit. I couldn't believe it. What a small freaking world. This is a distant cousin of course. My paternal grandpa had like 4 siblings. This girl is the granddaughter of one of the siblings. So our dads are first cousins, but they weren't an extension of the family that we ever saw too often. So I never really knew her growing up. But how random!! This huge city we live in can really be a small world sometimes.

On a side note, how good was Brothers and Sisters last night. I love seeing Amy Abbott ... oops I meant Emily VanCamp formerly of Everwood playing the new sibling, Rebecca. I just love this show more and more every week. And then tonight's Prison Break just had me on the edge of my seat. This show goes back and forth with me, it's so good sometimes, but then some things they really need to improve on like the random escapades of T-Bag and Bellick. But I just love me some Lincoln and Michael. And they came so close tonight to being pardoned, but I knew it wouldn't happen being that that would end the show. But still I was so on the edge of my seat tonight and now it's not on again until 2 weeks from tonight. And I will be sailing down the Venice canal in a gondola by then, so TiVo had better not fail me while I'm gone!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home