Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Explosion in NYC


Wow what a day, after starting a day in horrible downpouring flooding rain, who would have thought the day would have come to an end with an explosion just two blocks from my office. I left work a little before 6 and entered the subway at Grand Central. When I got off at 23rd and Park to go to the gym, I saw firetrucks racing by and I turned my head and straight down Park, I see billowing smoke around the buildings and my heart started pounding and immediately flashed back to 9/11 when I looked down 5th avenue and saw that same sight.

I then hurried into the gym and started working and flipping amongst all the news channels and I learn something exploded right at 41st and Lexington. I had just been there 10 minutes ago walking into the subway. And I walk to that corner every single day to go home. Thank the lord I got out of work early today. Otherwise it would have been a much more terrifying day. But my god, these images all over the news just bring me back to 9/11... so eerie. Hopefully the area will be back up and running for tomorrow's lovely commute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home