Sunday, September 10, 2006

Five Years Later......9/11

Tomorrow is the fifth anniversary of September 11, 2001 also known as 9/11, the worst day in the life of our country, and I've been thinking about it all weekend and it just makes me so sad. All those lives that were lost in my city and in DC as well, still resonates as strongly five years later.

I was in the city that day as was my brother, and thinking about that also makes me think about how much my life has changed since then. My nephew Ellis was only a cell in my sister--in law's stomach that day, since she was only a few weeks pregnant with him at the time. Now, he's a crazy, adorable little 4 year old boy.

Then, I was living with my parent out in Lynbrook on Long Island, while my brother lived 5 minutes away in Valley Stream. Now, my parents, along with my brother and nephew all live 10 hours away in lovely Toledo, Ohio..

Then, I was working at Soap Opera Digest, now I am at the fabulous OK! Magazine...

Then, I hadn't lived on my own other than the four years of college at UMass-Amherst, but now five years later, I am 30, living on my own in this great city that I love, Manhattan. And it just proves that those bastards didn't bring us down five years ago, and they never will.

On a lighter note, as for my weekend, it was nice and relaxing. I went to see grandma on friday night and then spent today doing some shopping at New York & Company and Banana Republic, then checking out the Upper East Side Festival on Third Avenue. Enjoying the last few nice weather days of summer!

And Dad is home finally, sore and tired, but resting up every day. And in less than two weeks, I'll get some nice family time for Rosh Hashanah.

And on the Big Brother front, they booted Janelle out. The bastards! The finale is on Tuesday night and it's down to just Erika and Mike "Boogie". Janelle so deserved to win. But I've been watching Rosie O'Donnell on the The View, which she has been awesome on, and she loves Janelle too, so here's hoping she gets her on the show. And supposedly they want viewers to vote for their favorite person to win $25,000 as America's Choice Winner, so go to cbs.com's Big Brother page and vote for Janelle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home