Friday, March 24, 2006

Where Were You?

So I just got an email from mets.com about the 20th anniversary of the Met winning the 1986 World Series. Geez. 20 years ago. I am almost 30.. so that means I was 10. Geez, where have the years gone. So I thought I'd make up a fun poll titled, where were you. But just going back 10 years since my memory is kind of going in my old age. Just respond to a memory from the start of spring of each year, what you were up to:

Last year: I was still working at the soap mag, never realized in just 4 short months that I would leaving that job for a new one that I would love so much.

2004: I was still in Ohio. Yea, shocking enoughly. I moved to Ohio for a few months in 2004 when my family decided to make a move there. I thought I would check it out. Big mistake. I hated it. Moved there in October 2003 and moved back to NYC in June 2004.

2003: This is where the stupidity began. I was thinking of buying a place in NYC at the time. Which is was stupid in itself since I had never even lived in the city. So I paniced, changed my mind and convinced myself I was sick of the city and wanted a changed of locale. What was I thinking?

2002: Hmmm.. Don't really know of anything too huge then. Oh wait, my newphew was born in the late spring. That was pretty exciting. He's going to be 4 in May. That's kind of crazy.

2001: I wasn't even at the soap opera magazine yet. I was still working at Popstar! I made no money though. I worked there for 2 1/2 years and loved it. I met every teenybopper star, went on press trips, got free concert tickets. But I only made 21k a year! So I finally found a new job as a copy editor at soap opera digest. Which I would love and would be where I would meet some of my closest friends.

2000: Engrossed in the world of Popstar magazine, still living at home and just hanging out too much on Long Island.

1999: I began working at Popstar! at the start of the year. I got the job just before Christmas and started right after New Years. I loved it. Loved my boss and it was just a lot of fun. My first job out of college.

1998: Wow, the spring of 1998. What a time. I was in my last semester of college. And was excited but sad at the same time. Me and my roomie were just enjoying our last months of just party time before entering the real world. Finally.

1997: Junior year. I had finally moved off campus and moved into a great apartment with my three buds, Cara, Tracy and Heather. I had lived with Cara every year of college and would through graduation. With the addition of Tracy and Heather in junior and senior years. We had some great parties at our pad. But it kind of sucks in the spring when Tracy and Heather turned 21 since my birthday wasn't until June and Cara was a year older. Oh to the days when I wanted to be older.. what a time that was as I now dread turning 30.

Which brings us to 10 years ago...

1996: I was in the midst of my best year of college. I was living in the so-called party dorms at Umass-Amherst and just living it up. Met some of my best friends and just partying it up at the frat houses! As Spring approached, me and my buds began to think about where would we move to now that we could move off campus the following year!

Wow, boy have I changed in these last 10 years. It's kind of scary. Okay, Now everyone else do this. It's so fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home