Sunday, September 17, 2006

A Fast Weekend!

Boy did this weekend fly by. It's like Sunday night comes so damn fast. But I had a nice one. It was pouring rain on friday, so I just stayed in and chilled out. Then on Saturday night, I cooked turkey-like thanksgiving meal for Ken and Erica and we watched the first four episodes of season two of 24. And my love for Jack Bauer just continues to grow. And some great tales have already kicked off for the second season. And then afterward we walked around the corner to Maggie Moo's ice cream shop and as we sat outside on a bench enjoying our ice cream, this homeless guy just start peeing two feet for us. Can anyone say g-r-o-s-s! Only in Manhattan folks, only in Manhattan.

Today, I headed over to the Upper West Side to meet Leslie for Brunch. And the bus took forever, like 40 minutes!!! All this traffic due to all these street fairs. And an hour going back, the traffic was horrible. This never happens, it normally takes 15 minutes top. Ridiculous. Thank goodness for the ipod. We went to Hi-Life Bar and Grill, but service was so slow. So they only charged us for one meal. The bill was 10 bucks! But the food was really good. I had buttermilk pancakes. Yummy.

And I've been sucked into the Mets this weekend. This is the weekend they were supposed to clinch the NL East Championship, so I promised my brother I would get someone to tape it so when they did clinch it, he could see the celebration, since he doesn't get all the games in Toledo and he was away in Chicago for the weekend anyways. So I had Ken tape it Friday night, but the Mets lost and Phillies won. Ken taped it again Saturday and the same thing happened. And again today!! Craziness!! Maybe they'll clinch it tomorrow night now that they're back at Shea. And I didn't get picked for the post-season ticket lottery. Oh well. Me and Leslie will have to try for regular tickets since she didn't get picked either. I'm just excited for the Mets going all the way. I know, I know. I'm all into it only when they're winning. SO shoot me!

My dad is finally having this neck artery surgery tomorrow. That was the original thing he was supposed to have when they found all this heart stuff. So that will be over tomorrow morning, and we'll finally be done with all this hospital shit. Thank God. Grandma flys in tomorrow and stays for a week and I'll fly in Thursday night. Hopefully the week will fly by!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home