Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Some R&R

Just got back Sunday night from some very appreciated R&R in upstate New York. Leslie's mom has a house up in Swan Lake, NY so we headed up there on Friday night with her fiance and another friend, Jared. After a delish dinner at Chili's and sundaes at Friendly's, we finally made it to the house. It's a great house, with a huge deck area and we all had our own rooms, which was nice. The next two days were spent hanging by the pool and barbecuing. And can I just say that I made the most delicious grilled corn on the cob while there. I must try to attempt that somehow back in my little NYC stove. As for being away from the city for the weekend, it was nice and soooo quiet. You forget how used to you become of the sirens and trucks noises that you constantly hear while in the city. Two days of just bird chirping was so different. But we had a great time and I can't wait to do it next summer.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home