Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Me at a Yankees Game?



Yes, shocking right coming from the girl who was born and raised in Long
Island, a mets fan! But you know me, never been a big sports nut. I just
have the history with the mets. So slowly but surely Erica and mostly Karen
has gotten me to pay a little more attention to the yanks. I'm actually
going on an outing with my copy crew to a Yankees Game on July 29. However,
who would have guess this was what the surprise was when Erica said she was
kidnapping me for my birthday.

She gave me all these clues. Grand Central. Thirty minute ride. 6:05 train.
Wear good shoes, there's a bit of a hike. I had no idea. And then all of a
sudden after working the early shift on Monday morning and napping at home
that afternoon, a lightbulb went off. All the clues add up to a baseball
game?? But alas the Mets are away, but the Braves were in town and Erica is
a Georgia girl. But would she be taking me to a Yankees game. I give her a
buzz at work. And she tries to throw me off. So maybe I was wrong. But I
wasn't! We did go to the game and it was lot of fun. And that was just an
outing for us to spend some good time together. My real gift was Walk the
Line on DVD. Yay! We had a blast. I even managed to put on the Yankee hat
she brought me toward the end of the game. My family was not happy to hear
about this. But all is good. My theory is if the Mets aren't involved, who
cares if the Yankee wins? So check out the evidence!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hat is too tight

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

tee-hee

5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home