Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Fourth of July Weekend!

Back to the grind after a nice four days off. I even attempted to walk over to East End Avenue to catch the Macy's Fireworks. Since I live only two blocks from the East River. And I got a nice spot. But then this damn hospital was blocking them. Oh well. I went back and caught it on Tivo. And Bo Bice did a nice rendition of the National Anthem. And Liza Minnelli sang and actually sounded good. She must be on something.

And the rest the whole long weekend was great. The whole copy crew headed out to Art's place in New Jersey on Saturday for a day filled of barbecuing and corn holing. And my lack of sporting capabilities continued as I couldn't score any points. But I did get bitten a quadrillion mosquities. I headed back to the city late and then on Sunday went to see Superman with Ken and Julianna. I loved it. I am so in love with Brandon Routh now. He is so superman and so hot. To think, he was a nothing during his year stint on One Life to Live as Seth Anderson. On Sunday, went to Ken's place for some subathing, watching Superman II (since that's where Superman Returns picks up from) and then some fab dinner at OLE. For the actually holiday, I ventured out to see The Devil Wears Prada. I first tried to the Sony Lincoln Square theater where it was totally sold out. So I tried and succeeded at Loews 42nd Street. And I loved it. Boy that Meryl Streep was scary. I could never work for someone like that.

So all in all a nice, fun and relaxing 4 day weekend. And two more days and it's already the weekend again. I might have to go to Ohio the end of July. My dad is having surgery on his neck. He has a clottery artery or something. I was already planning to go visit the first weekend in August, so I guess we shall see.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

she thinks meryl streep is scary wont say what is really scary here

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home